Online Course » Keeping Yourself and Your Family Healthy

Course Description:
This presentation will cover how important it is that families be concerned about health. Preventive care, nutrition, exercise, and other factors play important roles. And especially for children, good health is essential—for them, now is the time when growth happens, some diseases may begin, and health habits are set for life.

Why "Keeping Yourself and Your Family Healthy" Matters:
Employees account for only about 30 percent of healthcare cost, while dependents account for the remaining 70 percent. All the benefits of improved health and wellness that apply to your employee apply to his or her family members as well, resulting in markedly lower employer health-related costs. Wellness is often a collaborative effort; families support and learn from each other, so it's important to understand unique wellness issues associated with other family members, such as age-related, gender-related, and genetically related health issues.

Key Points:
  • Appreciate the win-win nature of wellness; that is, why it's good for you and good for your family.
  • Understand the most common wellness challenges and what to do about them.
  • Help your family get—and stay—healthier.







Hours:
0.50
Certificates:
BLR - view details

Order Online Course

Quantity Unit Price
$22.33




Other Courses You May Be Interested In

Driver Wellness
In order to do your job well, you have to be well. Your good health is an important part of everything you do—both on the job and off. Today, we’re going to talk about some wellness strategies you can use to help prevent accidents and injuries on the job. We’ll also talk about simple ways to maintain a healthy lifestyle that will assist in av ...

Acute Respiratory Illness Pandemic Training for Healthcare Workers (Spanish)
For most healthy adults, seasonal viruses are not generally life-threatening. But as you've seen in the news, respiratory disease pandemics, such as those caused by coronaviruses or influenza, are something else. They often involve new strains of viruses to which people have developed no immunity. These kinds of viruses can spread quickly and widel ...

Successful Weight Management
This session will cover some simple steps you can take to manage your weight successfully. If you’re just at the right weight now, these strategies and tips can help you maintain a healthy weight as you age. If you’re a little overweight, what you learn today can help you lose weight and keep it off.

Healthy Aging
No matter what you do, you’re going to get older, and your body will change as you age. But although you can’t turn back time, you can take steps to make sure that you maintain a healthy lifestyle as you age so that you can live a long and productive life.

All About Nutrition
The quantity and quality of the food you eat everyday directly affects your health, energy level, and general well being. You need to eat the right foods, in the right amount, at the right time, to stay healthy and feel good. The information you learn today will help you eat more nutritious meals and snacks, which will help you live longer an ...

Forgot Password help button image Create Account